Thursday, September 14, 2006

3 × 500 miles…..away from home………..

The above is the very title of the very first song in English( It was a hymn to the lord, I later discovered) song I ever played on the keyboard (read my personal Yamaha PSS-290) and today as I type in, a lot of memories are relived, questions are answered and also new queries (reference made to MIS procedural queries in PL/SQL) are born.

As I ponder over the recent overtures that have taken place in my life I find my self sitting around 1500 miles away from home, away from my family , friends, from those about whom I care and vice versa . While my mobile recharges are becoming more and more frequent and my saving graph shows a steep dive (thanks to software, called Kharcha Pani), the picture portrayed, is not exactly quite pretty.

I am the only trainee here and I have been typing, typing and only typing (read as URS documentation including three days of MIS reports development) ever since I have been here. To be truthful, I am not exactly in an elated state. Things are not exactly going my way and I am some how not been able to tackle the work pressure, .........................(read as alot of miseries).........and of course M2,M3 and ED and I am sure you can gather about my overburdened state(of pity :-( ).

The shi(f)t goes on from 7 A.M. - 3 P.M. (flexible timings as per the TCS regulations) with only one lunch break in between life can get miserable especially if the food (read as sweet yellow dal,boiled potatoes with hell alot of chillies, sour rice and and papad like chapatis) served is not exactly what I may coin as the manadew for Rs.25/-only

Still when I look back , it seems this is just kid stuff to what I have actually faced in my life so till then all we have to do is belive in hope and keep the faith.
Peace
Jeet


500 MILES

If you miss the train I'm on, you will know that I am gone
You can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles,
a hundred miles, a hundred miles, a hundred miles, a hundred miles,
You can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles.

Lord I'm one, Lord I'm two, Lord I'm three, Lord I'm four,
Lord I'm 500 miles from my home.
500 miles, 500 miles, 500 miles, 500 miles
Lord I'm five hundred miles from my home.

Not a shirt on my back, not a penny to my name
Lord I can't go a-home this a-way
This a-away, this a-way, this a-way, this a-way,
Lord I can't go a-home this a-way.

If you miss the train I'm on you will know that I am gone
You can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, November 04, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,
I was searching for Karcha Pani software,Please let me know from where can I download this software.

Thanks,
Akbar Devani.

akbar.devani@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home