Saturday, July 22, 2006

Life in Gujarat...........

" Welcome to India, where the cows eat hay and we drive autorickhaws every where"

Life in Gujarat hmmmmmmmmmmmm, where do I start .........

I have put up somewhere near the S.V.P. Airport (International namesake, if you thought the airport at Amritsar was bad this airport will definately change your defination of bad. (Hint:Stray cattle lol ;-) . )I finally got my training all fixed up at T.C.S. Ahmedabad without any jeck. I had to clear a aptitude test( the logical reasoning was real tough though.)

Life in Ahmedabad is not exactly a peace of cake, though till now I have not suffered problems regarding residence or transportation thanx to my relations here. The core problem I have to face here is the language barrier and food (these guys use sugar even in samosas ,I hope you do get the picture) no spices and taste is derogatory to your tastebuds.

The T.C.S. office is located at Sakar II (this is the name of the building) on the 8th floor (the lift seldom works) I have been given a make shift cubical whose location changes with each comming day. lol. I am working here on a website development project . I have an eight hour shift here from 3-11pm without break(s) :-(. I have to work upon JSP,Servlet,HTML and Oracle 10g at least I know all the full forms now lol. We all are given IBM(think centre) to work, they are kinda low on RAM though (256 Mb.) We use two editors mainly the Edit plus and the Java- Eclipse, they make the work kind of easy (thanks to ergos ).

I am a part of a team which consists of about 25 members - java programers, dba s,data migration experts and the list goes on . I have been asked to get a certification ( Java or Oracle), since that is one of the company's eligibility criterions. The office is all blue and gray ( that is the interiors) , the staff is primarily Gujarati, they do seem to be a help ful bunch of people , So far so good.

We have a " Hot Indian Masala" look alike in the office only she is much hotter ;-)

Life in the Indian Army is worth living , I have been giving some serious thoughts about giving some preliminary tests as well. MBA will have to wait till the next year but trust me I will bell the CAT , talking about the CAT , I met Arash, we were classmates in Gian Jyoti(GJPS) he is at IIM Ahmedabad , he has changed alot , a hardcore optimist with a straight forward approach towards life , if you ever feel low or confused about your life you know whom to contact.

Gotta go, my work beckons me.
peace
Jeet

1 Comments:

At Monday, July 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool eh ! it's good, you'll learn to survive in Gujarat and you'll learn to work at TCS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home