Saturday, March 11, 2006

The 1:10 Howrah mail

The night was cold with the broken window pane on my side proving to be an inlet for cold air ,my immediate surroundings were converted in to a frigid zone while my accomplices had the warmth of liquor with them to keep them warm , I had prayers with me wishing for a warm sunny day, though I felt it was strange but prayers do come true if the heart is pure and I dozed off and soon I realized I was at the New Delhi Railway Station and the day was sunny warm and I was very thankful to the almighty God .
We took the local train to Nizzamuddin and the wait for the next train began.7 long hours.
The luggage was piled up in one corner and we took turns to guard it, there was a food court right outside the Railway station. We met our IT branch there, had ice-cream which seemed quite tempting to Gill and me but it was more like “Khaania moofallia te **** maarne badaama de” lol ROFL. Moral(s) of the story- 1.) Shit does happen.
2.) Looks can be deceptive.
The toilets were clean and Unisex and I am still trying to figure out which part was better ;-) lol. Since all nice things have to come to an end our stay at the food court was over
I picked my bag and I was walking with the group towards the 12 bogie long train “ THE KONKAN EXPRESS” the boys and girls were given seats in different compartments ( guess , this is what happens when the bookings are done on the last moment thanks to people like Ubhi, Garima, Simran and Shahenshah my point exactly) still where there is a will there is a way , and no high walls can curb love , soon the couples were seen together though they had to cross 6compartments (S3-S9) an effort worth it, soon it was the night, and I was there though I am single but still opposites(sex) do attract. What soon followed was the game of Bhabi and I came rather emerged out as the undisputed champion 11 wins in a row for a moment I did feel like the king of the world.

It was night and getting late every second, it was around 30 mins. Past the mid night and only two individuals from the homo sapien species who were awake were Miss. Aditi Pal and Me, the great one. We were talking about almost every thing under the Sun and trust me! The time flew as if it had wings and soon she was sleeping, guess she was a bit too tired (Piddi, I thought and chuckled and some how I had O’ my sleeping child – M.L.T.R. being played somewhere in my mind). Soon I was bored, I tried sleeping but thanks to snoring by Ubhi. Gurjas,Gurjit Sir and some fellow lady passenger the feeling of insomnia was there to prevail for good any ways soon it was morning around five and I was greeted by Gurpreet the early riser, and what followed was a early morning photo session and my privelaged models were Ruchika, Ubhi,Aditi,Raja , Jassi , Sir and others soon followed the suit ( Vagaari lol). The day was spent playing cards and knowing each other better I came to know names of 3 of my classmates (females) Abhineet, Kiranveer and Harpreet now I can confidently I can identify almost every one from the X group .

One honest suggestion, never order food from the pantry car IT SUX!!!!

I met a fellow passenger Aruna , she is a 12th grade student hails from Hapur and Lives in Goa and her father is in the Indian Army and the coolest thing about her was that she is in the National Boxing team though deadly but very friendly female , we made good friends we shared dinner and at Pune her friends got off , and her friend’s mother brought Mithai for her which of course was savored by us ( Ubhi,Pappu,Dhand, Garima and Me), it was getting late so we exchanged goodnights and I was out on the prowl yet once again . This was the end of day 2 in the train.




THERE WAS MORE TO IT BUT I WOULD PREFER KEEPING IT TO MY SELF.





Peace Jeet